|The real deal - HLSS breakfast meal!|
Ingredients (1 portion):
- 1 dl of oats
- 2 dl of water or milk
- Topping of your choice
Mix oats with water or milk and salt, and heat either in the microwave (app. 2 min) or in a pot on the stove. Either way, keep and eye on it and stur occassionally so it doesn't overflow or burn.
When its done, add your desired topping. Can be anything and all combinations, e.g. of the following
- Banana (I like to mash it and stir it into the porridge)
- Apple cut into cubes and drizzled with cinnamon powder
- Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries...
- Salty almonds (I'll post the best recipe shortly!)
- Raisins (can also be added before the cooking)
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Yoghurt (yes, really. Adds a bit of a nice sour contrast)